Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Car vs Motorcycle vs Walking/Running

Dhaiya has quoted from Zen and the art of .. you know what

Ritesh Dahiya: Vacationing on a Motorcycle


When I had first read these lines in 1997, I was a third year student at IIT-Delhi and did not have a motorcycle. My access to any kinds of powered vechicles were limited to -

Priya scooter - Owner: Manas Garg
LML Vespa scooter - Owner: Rohit Agarwal
DTC bus - Owner: Government
Red Line bus - Owner: delhi dons

Given this limitation I had to reconstruct the quoted phrase: replace car with motorcycle and motorcycle with running /walking The central argument still holds - You are closer to nature while walking/running as compared to riding a motorcycle.

3 Comments:

Blogger Advaitavedanti said...

Thats so true. Still, however, Zen and the art... convinces you of riding the bike and being with the nature, all the while you're reading the book. :)

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It boggles my mind – spent 6 months with you as a groupie, did know not know just how smart and intelligent you are, how ,much depth you have … I always knew you were smart from our “Gillette” case days – but after reading your blog – realized much more to you than meets the eye !!!!

Cheers buddy, you will always rock !!! Hail ISB, hail to your future…

Your Groupie from B 10… take one guess ...

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree! I am always busy/pre-occupied while walking/running ... And moreover, you can just see "so much" while walking/running. I still think riding a motorcycle is the best way to explore the nature :)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home