Sunday, September 24, 2006

Books revisited

"In 1994, I retired at the age of 47, and my wife, Kim, was 37. Retirement does not mean not working. To my wife and me, it means that barring unforeseen cataclysmic changes, we can work or not work, and our wealth grows automatically, staying way ahead of inflation. I guess it means freedom. The assets are large enough to grow by themselves. It's like planting a tree. You water it for years and then one day it doesn't need you anymore. It's roots have gone down deep enough. Then, the tree provides shade for your enjoyment. " - Rich Dad Poor Dad

In the last few weeks I have been re-reading some of the books that I had either disliked immensly or had not understood.
My intention is to check if my prespective has changed with time and with hopefully more maturity. One book which was all rage in college was Rich Dad Poor Dad. I had strong negative opinion of the book.

A month back kittu da mentioned it so I was having a relook at it. Somehow I think this book makes some sense now.

Other book which I am reading is - Road less travelled. Another book that I read when I was in first year college. Probably too young to understand the context
of the book. I find the book has lots of things to teach.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the statement you have quoted is really true..
and i can well imagine kittu da confirming all these..
but still............

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home