Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Reality

Manas wtites about Reality

Reminds me of this wonderful Quote (not sure which translation is more correct)

"I was dreaming that I was a butterfly fluttering happily...
Suddenly, I awoke... Now, I wonder who I am ...
a man who dreamed he was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming it is a man
."

"Once upon a time I dreamed I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of following my fancies as a butterfly, and was unconscious of my individuality as a man. Suddenly I woke, and there I lay, myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man."

Chinese writer Chuang Tzu, fourth century B.C

2 Comments:

Blogger Manas Garg said...

Raja Janak saw himself as a beggar in a dream.

When he woke up, for sometime he couldn't decide if he was a king who dreamt of being a beggar OR a beggar who is dreaming of being a king.

That's when his enquiry into the Truth began and he attained realization. The realization was: "Neither this, nor that was True".

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtites????
now you have done the "ghor paap" of blogging :))

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home